THE NEW BENCHMARK FOR THE PROS
The new Keo Blade 2 is the result of the knowledge of the LOOK engineers, aiming to optimise all the parameters that made the Keo Blade Carbon a success. The new design perfectly integrates the carbon blade at the heart of the pedal, leading to a pedal with the most aerodynamic profile ever created. More powerful with its new surface contact area increased by 75%, it and is lighter by ten grams! The Keo Blade 2 is available in two versions: titanium axle (Keo Blade 2 Ti) and chromoly (Keo Blade 2 Cr).
- Carbon body with aerodynamic profile
- Carbon blade ensuring very clean engagement and disengagement
- Maximum width and support surface (64mm / 700mm2) / New stack height of 13 mm = maximum power transfer
- Permanent cleat stop contact = better stability
- Available in titanium axle (Ti) or chromoly (Cr)
- Available in 3 disengagement tension levels: 12, 16 or 20
- Ti version is 90g (248g for the pair with cleats and screws)
- Cr version is 110g (288g for the pair with cleats and screws)
- Supplied with grey Keo Grip cleats
- Use: Road - from leisure to competition
- Body: Injected Long Carbon Fibre
- Axle: Chromoly
- Thread: 9/16 x 20 mm
- Bearings: 2 ball bearings, 1 needle bearing
- Height (axle / sole): 13mm
- Axle distance (pedal / crank): 53mm
- Multitensor: 3 different hardnesses 12,16, 20 Nm
- Cleats: Grey Keo Grip cleats
- Angular freedom: 0°, 4.5° or 9° according to type of cleat (black, grey or red)
- Pedal weight: 110 g per pedal (288 g per pair with cleats and hardware)
- Accessories: Grey Keo Grip cleats + hardware (6 screws 5 x 11 mm and 6 washers)
- Warranty: 2 years
VERY SECURE CLEAT ENTRY / RELEASE
The Kéo Blade 2 concept, based on a carbon blade, allows for a more rigid cleat release, which ejects the foot much faster at the end of the release process than a traditional sping. This makes the pedal very safe and allowed us to remove the resistance setting. However, to satisfy all cyclists, the Kéo Blade 2 is available in 3 different hardnesses: version 12 that will be ideal for most users, version 16 for riders seeking more support and version 20 for those looking for maximum support. It is possible to switch from one version to another by changing the blade with a special tool
With the full integration of the carbon spring blade into the body of the pedal, the Kéo Blade 2 is the pedal with the best aerodynamic profile ever created. In addition, the two channels on either side of the body allow for optimal air flow.
MAXIMUM PEDALING WIDTH AND SURFACE
The Kéo Blade 2 features a 68 mm wide stainless steel plate moulded into the body, which allows the cleat maximum contact with the pedal at all time, whatever the pedaling angle adapted.
PERMANENT CLEAT STOP CONTACT FOR BETTER STABILITY
To improve the stability and the foot support, the new design ensures that the shape of the cleat fits perfectly that of the stop and is always in contact with it, whatever the pedaling angle.
VERY LIGHT: 90 G (TI) / 110 G (CR) CLEAT + PEDAL SET = 124G / 144G
The weight of the pedal has been reduced compared to the previous version. This is possible thanks to a new and thinner spindle which is lighter, and also to a weight gain on the material of the pedal body.
Particular attention has been paid to reliability: high resistance body, stainless steel bearing surface, oversized spindle shaft with dual seals, making this pedal a very safe and durable product.
To achieve greater efficiency, the new Keo Blade 2 spindle has reduced the stack height by using an oversized Titanium or Chromoly spindle. It is composed of two miniature ball bearings : one 12mm inner x 18mm outer diameters, one 6mm inner x 12mm outer diameters and a needle roller bearing. LOOK spindles are only approved after a rotational test of 2 million cycles at 100 rpm with a load of 90kg on the centre of the pedal and an eccentric rotation (replicating a bump each revolution). This test is much higher than the current standard: the EN14781. A double seal ensures the bearings have a very long service life.
Keo 2 Max axle threads are now 14mm in length. This allows an additional 2mm Q-Factor adjustment using a specific spacer, available as a spare part. It can increase the Q Factor measurement from 53 to 55mm.
KEO GRIP CLEATS
- Non-slip cleat
- Position memory
- Lateral setting: 4 mm
- Longitudinal setting: 9 mm
- 3 float ranges available
NOTE: LOOK Frames, Bicycles & Pedals are only available for purchase in Ireland & UK
Manufacturer's Code: 00005569