This all-rounder is ready for every challenge, even the biggest ones.
Proven racing tire contour for responsive handling and secure grip.
- The Grand Sport family is based on a solid 60 TPI casing, a NyTech breaker and a durable and super grippy PureGrip tread compound
- We have designed each tyre for a particular use
- The Grand Sport Race is designed as a balanced, all round tyre
- The Nytech breaker and sufficient PureGrip compound in the tread give confidence for effortless and countless racing and training kilometers
- The Grand Sport Extra offer pure puncture protection
- The doubled up NyTech breaker and three layer sidewall make it a reliable work horse, ideal for heavy training and tough racing conditions
- The Grand Sport Light, in contrast, has been designed as a competitive tyre, the reduced PureGrip compound save's weight, but at the cost of longevity
- A good level of puncture protection is provided by the Nytech breaker
- Weight: 230 grams
Based on activated silica compounds, this technology was originally intended as an performance level compound, but after intensive development at our Korbach Research and Development Department Facility, an advanced new compound with outstanding grip and cross-country properties was developed. This new rubber mix, given the self explanatory name “PureGrip”, is ranked just behind our BlackChili Compound and is being used in our performance products both in the road and mountain bike sectors. Whilst providing great grip, it is also long lasting and highly durable – both characteristics of Continental tires, which are exclusively manufactured in the factory in Hefei (Asia).
Manufacturer's Code: TYC50001, TYC50027, TYC50118, TYC50141