The perfect choice for the city speedsters, single-speed bikes and fitness bikes.
With its double layer of fabric breaker, the light-weight design and its roughened slick tread it shines especially on tarmac.
- This super fast looking city slicker turns any bike into a racer, helping bike messengers meet those tight deadlines or fitness riders who require a faster tyre
- Puncture protection and reliability is taken care of thanks to Continental's renowned hard wearing tread compound and two SafetySystem anti puncture layers beneath the tread
- An improved 180 tpi (threads per inch) nylon casing increases speed and comfort. This is because the finer casing material deforms more quickly around imperfections in the road surface compared to a lower tpi casing. This feature also improves puncture resistance
- The Contact Speed also features a 'skinwall' sidewall. Most city/trekking tyres use a 'gumwall' meaning lots of rubber in the sidewall to improve sidewall puncture resistance. A skinwall sidewall is much faster than a gumwall but just a little forward thinking is needed to avoid scuffing kerbs and to always maintain the minimum recommended tyre pressure
- 'Micro-diamond' tread pattern rolls fast yet grips on loose debris covering road surfaces like grit, gravel or mud
- Reflective Sidewall
- Able to be used with dynamo lights
- Constructed from 3 plies, totalling 180 tpi
- Weight: 500 grams
For our E-Bike tire we fall back on over 100 years’ experience with moped and motorcycle tires. All of our city/trekking tires are rated to a standard speed of at least 25 km/h. Those tires marked e50 are also certified for S-Pedelecs. With their high quality structure, puncture protection is high and the rolling resistance is low offering protection from premature wear brought about by the additional driving force.
Manufacturer's Code: TYC01402, TYC01406, TYC01412, TYC01416